I work with students from across the United States and around the world. All my services are available online. Students will find online sessions as convenient and personalized as if we were in the office together.
Sign Up for New Blog Post Notifications
- Writing the personal statement for a college application can feel like a daunting task. How do you start? What is the right format? How do you find the one topic that will get you admitted to your dream school? Read More »
- Suddenly, students find that they are running in a race against many other students, all working hard to outdo themselves to get into a "good" college. Read More »
- “Playing the Cards” for Admission to an Elite College: I often think of the two types of gamblers when working with students applying to highly selective, prestigious colleges. Read More »
- The routes that students take to get admitted to a highly selective college can vary. Their “vehicle” (i.e. the combination of grades, test scores, extracurricular activities, letters of recommendation, etc.) will be unique from student to student. One applicant may be “driving” a Prius, another a Ferrari, and yet another a motorcycle.Read More »
- College admission is not a zero-sum game. Shortly before admission decisions were expected to hit inboxes, the parents of a student I had been working with through the arduous process of applying to college asked to meet with me alone. When they came into my office, they sat down with worried looks on their faces. …Read More »